Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Deer Hunt 2008




Cole and I had a great hunt due to a terrible end of our football season "see other post". Cole spot it and I shot it. It happened just about that fast too. We decided to go hunting on Wednesday the 5th because there was snow the previous 3 days. We left at 4 AM and arrived at about 8AM. We unloaded the 4 wheeler and headed up to the top of the mountain. It was still snowing hard and the trip to the top that usually takes 30 minutes was taking hours. Our 4 wheeler was pushing snow and I was thinking that we may have to turn back. There was a few spots that I had the machine full throttle just trying to keep moving. It was in one of these places that Cole spotted the deer. I slammed on the brakes. I didn't see it at first it was in thick trees. When I did see it I knew that my hunt was over because this was our deer.

No comments: