Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sammy is 6 months old today!

Sammy is 1/2 today! In the picture below Sam is still in the Hospital and he is 1 day old.



In the picture below Sammy is about 3 months old.







I don't have a 6 month picture yet but I will get one and post it.



An update on Sam's progress;


  1. Sammy is trying to sit up on his own but still needs help.

  2. Sammy is not crawling but he can move forward. How he moves forward would be hard to explain, its ugly but he moves a little.

  3. Sammy is eating a little baby food and I think he likes bananas and prunes.

  4. Sammy is eating these puff ball things. I haven't caught the name yet but the look a little like Cheerios.

  5. Every time Sammy makes eye contact with me he smiles. This is my favorite trick of his.

  6. Sammy open mouth kisses his mom each time mom asks. He looks like he is eating Michelle's face but he doesn't do this to anyone else so I know they are Sammy Kisses.

  7. I think he will be crawling very soon.

An update on my progress;



  1. I forgot how bad baby puke stains... and stinks.

  2. I forgot how heavy 10 pounds can feel after an hour.

  3. I forgot how calming sweet and innocent a newborn is.

  4. I forgot how all a newborns needs are "Right Now".

  5. I forgot the smell of an infant after a bath.

I could go on and on but I think Michelle already thinks I need intervention when it comes to blogs. I am also going to quite because I am not very descriptive with words and there is no way to explain how happy Sam makes me feel. I am going to keep Sam away from the other kids so he stays sweet forever... Just kidding.

3 comments:

rasmussenfamily said...

I love Sammy! Aunt Raquel

Aimee said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about your blog! I happened to find it by accident. Wow! You are the first guy I know that is a blogger. I am very impressed... I will show Matt, although I don't have much hope for him and blogging. Congrats!

TroskeFamily said...

Casey.
I caught up on both your and Michelle's blog today and I love hearing how devoted you both are to the sweet boy with the easy smile. I loved holding him this weekend and I wish I could see your kids more. Come visit us! Love, Genevieve